Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Dokuga Award Feeback Thread
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Dokuga Award Feeback Thread
Abraxas
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Dokuga Award Feeback Thread 15 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
OK, now that the winners have been announced, it's time for feedback

Let me just make a few observations first:

1. With the close of the 4th Quarter, the Dokuga Award completed its first year of operation. There were all sorts of changes implemented this year but I feel we weathered the storm well. I haven't added up all of the numbers but just perusing the results of the polls, since we switched to the site, we keep getting three-digit turnouts. No other award group I know gets such turn out

2. I'm going to tweak the calendar over the next few days, this way there'll always be a week 'free' between nominating and voting. The only real drawback to the blind nomination process is that self-correction is a bit limited. Most of the time it's just me and Miss Kagura looking through the nominations and I know I can't catch everything. That extra week off allows us to amend the drawback. It lets everyone see up front what made it through the process. So, if we missed something or whatnot, then the problem can be fixed without messing up the polls. Likewise I'll post a list of the people who nominated, again, just to make sure everything's square at the end. I guess you can think of this as an attempt at transparency after the fact. I think it was very useful but you're free to discuss this too.

So yes everything's up for discussion, comment, suggestion. Just type away

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
LC Rose
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Dokuga Award Feeback Thread 15 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 39
This was actually my first time voting in one of these and I had no problems whatsoever. You two did an awesome job and I applaud you. **Tara claps** I can't wait to do so again. I'm sure, as time passes, whatever went screwy this time around will be phased out.

Logged Logged

~PPFT!~

Muses...cannot live with them, cannot kill them.
Saholia
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Dokuga Award Feeback Thread 15 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 31
I'm with LC, this was my first time voting here on Dokuga and everything went well. At first though, for the art voting part, the links to the art pieces weren't functioning, but Miss K fixed that right away. Other than that, everything went smoothly--for me that is. Thanks for all the hard work you guys put into it!

Logged Logged
Shadow Dreamer
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Dokuga Award Feeback Thread 15 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 1
Voting was quite easy and smooth. On a slightly off topic, Does anyone else have trouble with the awards section? Whenever I try to access a dokuga fic, from the awards section I get an error page. I have tried several different computers so i dont think that is the prob. Maybe there is a link issue?

Logged Logged
Nobody
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Dokuga Award Feeback Thread 15 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
Hmm, can you tell me which link specifically your having an issue with? So i can see what you mean? Thanks!

Logged Logged
ElegantPaws
*~Daiyoukai~*
graphgraph
Re:Dokuga Award Feeback Thread 15 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 11
As always you both did an exceptional job and did weather the transitions beautifully.

Continued success!

EP

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2008/12/29 13:47 By ElegantPaws.

Shadow Dreamer
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Dokuga Award Feeback Thread 15 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 1
It seems to be all the fanfiction linking back to dokuga or a single spark! One example would be 3rd Q, What Your Eyes did to Me by Sunsetmiko.

Logged Logged
Nobody
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Dokuga Award Feeback Thread 15 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
we updated after that so the links wont be valid. You can search for the fic in the dokuga fan-fiction section though if the link wont work.

Logged Logged
Eternity_of_Sins
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Dokuga Award Feeback Thread 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 1
I was wondering if the format for the 4th Quarter 2008 winners page was going to be the same as the previous two quarters (in particular, would they be assigned their links)?

And why has the 1st Quarter ever been put up?

Logged Logged

Nobody
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Dokuga Award Feeback Thread 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
The awards are labeled for the quarter they occur in, so the quarter 1 awards are the results from the q4 fics. The next awards are the Second quarter awards for the fics and art updated in the first quarter.

I will put the links in the last two awards when i get the nominations set up for this one. I am not sure exactly how we will do nominations this go around, last time was more of a "throw everything together cause nominations start now". I might beta a couple things this week to see what we like. If you or anyone else is willing to try a couple things out for me and give me some feedback before hand that would be great. SO if your interested PM me.

Logged Logged
Eternity_of_Sins
Whelp
graphgraph
Nobody wrote:
The awards are labeled for the quarter they occur in, so the quarter 1 awards are the results from the q4 fics. The next awards are the Second quarter awards for the fics and art updated in the first quarter.

That makes absolutely no sense to me. When you look at the navigation in the Awards area, there is no 1st Quarter 2008. It starts at 2nd Quarter 2008.

I will put the links in the last two awards when i get the nominations set up for this one. I am not sure exactly how we will do nominations this go around, last time was more of a "throw everything together cause nominations start now". I might beta a couple things this week to see what we like. If you or anyone else is willing to try a couple things out for me and give me some feedback before hand that would be great. SO if your interested PM me.

Glad to hear the links will be up soon, but what did you have in mind for the nominations list (though, strangely, I don't recall asking about the noms)?

Logged Logged

Nobody
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Dokuga Award Feeback Thread 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
The reason last years starts at second quarter is because we didnt start running them till third quarter if i remember correctly. I dont know why we do it that way. It was just how it was done in the beginning so we just continued it. ABraxas might know better as to why...

LOL you didnt ask about the noms! SOrry must have had them on my mind.

I have been entertaining many ideas, i was thinking about making a list of all of the fics that will be eligible and people can just pair up the fic they want to nominate with the genre they are nominating it for.

But then all submissions not on dokuga will have to be emailed on a separate form so i am not sure if that will be entirely a good idea.

Sigh.. i will keep thinking...Hopefully Abraxas sees this thread...or i might have to email him some more !

Logged Logged
Priestess Skye
Darth Skye
graphgraph
Re:Dokuga Award Feeback Thread 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 696975
Here's why.

1st quarter 2008 occured before dokuga even existed. it was the dokuga awards run on a yahoo group. it wasn't until the end of 2nd quarter 2008 awards that the Dokuga site was created, so winners went up for that on the site, but not 1st quarter because the site didn't exist. that being said the list is available and on the yahoo group.

I've been involved with banners for dokuga awards since it's inception. The reason this site is called dokuga is because the name was taken (with permission) from the awards, not vice versa.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/03/23 07:53 By Priestess Skye.

I claimed Sesshoumaru\'s Mokomoko-sama at the Claiming Thread!
Eternity_of_Sins
Whelp
graphgraph
Priestess Skye wrote:
Here's why.

1st quarter 2008 occured before dokuga even existed. it was the dokuga awards run on a yahoo group. it wasn't until the end of 2nd quarter 2008 awards that the Dokuga site was created, so winners went up for that on the site, but not 1st quarter because the site didn't exist. that being said the list is available and on the yahoo group.

I've been involved with banners for dokuga awards since it's inception. The reason this site is called dokuga is because the name was taken (with permission) from the awards, not vice versa.

I, too, have read the Awards section of this site, and am aware of the site's founding. Thanks for the info about the 1st Quarter awards.

Logged Logged

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.