Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Looking for a Collaborator
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Looking for a Collaborator
kaoruhana
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Looking for a Collaborator 2 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 109
Hello!

I'm looking for a collaborator or a sounding board (someone a bit more involved than a beta, but not a co-author unless they want to be) for a new story I plan on writing. Essentially, I am looking for someone to help me sketch out scenes, act as a sounding board as I write the story, and work with me to help come up with a decent plotline. One of the biggest asks I will ask of the person who might be interested would be to make sure I stay true to the characters and the era the story takes place in (canon, feudal era Japan). Of course, if the person interested is willing to work with me more in depth on the story (co-authoring, etc.) I am more than willing to work with them accordingly.

The plot of the story I am looking for help with is as follows:
Kagome, currently in a slowly dying relationship with Inuyasha, is trying to adjust to the Feudal Era. One day, she asks Inuyasha if they can try something different during sex (focusing on her desires, or trying something different, etc.), and Inuyasha finds the question distasteful/ intrusive /doesn't react well to it, causing their already straining relationship to end. She then pretends to wave it off, hides her desires, and tries to get back to her life. But, she sketches images in secret reflecting her hidden desires, hiding them from Inuyasha and the others. Eventually, Inuyasha finds out about these sketches, outs her desires to her friends, and Sesshomaru learns of them. Sesshomaru then proceeds to discuss the images with Kagome, encouraging her to discuss her desires, and teaching her to not be ashamed of them.

The story is meant to be somewhat of a Kagome empowerment story, in the sense that Kagome learns to accept herself and her wants and becomes a stronger person overall as a result. Sesshomaru's role in this would be to act as a mentor or friend or perhaps both, and maybe, eventually, a lover. The story will be a slow burn, and will be long, but should be done in at most a three-shot (as current plans stand).

The plot is currently not endgame SessKag, thought it may be, because I haven't even sketched the entirety of it yet. In fact, I have only the above paragraph written as my plot at this point. So, there's a lot of writing and outline sketching to do for the story as it stands meaning the story could still be end game SessKag in the end; and I can work with someone to figure out how to get there.

All of the above being said, I will ask the following: whoever does seem interested will need to assure me that they are not a Y.I.M. and is allowed to, per Dokuga guidelines, work with me on this story as it will be rated MA here on Dokuga.

If interested, you are welcome to take a look at my writing to see the kind of writing style I prefer. Besides, Dokuga I do have an A03 Account as well, if you would like a broader view of my writing style. And, I have a tumblr too that I can be reached at.

The actual writing of the story may not take root for a while (I am currently in the middle of participating in multiple writing events from now to August), but my hope is to post it before the end of 2021, or at least at the beginning of next year, if all works out as planned. This doesn't mean I will be unavailable to work on the story though. Up until I do begin actually writing, I will be outlining the scenes for the story so I will always be working on it in some capacity from now until I post it upon completion.

If you are interested in collaborating or want some more details, please reach out to me here on Dokuga via PM. I may not respond immediately, but I will get to you as soon as I can. If you'd like to hear a more instantaneous response from me, I will probably be able to respond faster on tumblr.

Kaoruhana

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2021/05/06 21:43 By kaoruhana.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.