Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Cannot load home page?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Cannot load home page?
mango
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Cannot load home page? 8 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 72
I've been having problems loading the home page for dokuga the past 3 days. It's pulling up the 404 Error which I'm pretty sure is a problem on my end but I've deleted cookies, history, etc. with no fix so now I'm stumped. Anyone have any ideas how I can fix it?

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Mitharus
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Cannot load home page? 8 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 53
mango wrote:
I've been having problems loading the home page for dokuga the past 3 days. It's pulling up the 404 Error which I'm pretty sure is a problem on my end but I've deleted cookies, history, etc. with no fix so now I'm stumped. Anyone have any ideas how I can fix it?

Hrmm... I see you trying to request a page:
Code:

/cgi-bin/redirect.ha

That doesn't exist anywhere on the server... or in any of the pages.

When you go to the main page, does the location change to something else? Are you going to 'www.dokuga.com' or 'dokuga.com'?

-M

Logged Logged
mango
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Cannot load home page? 8 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 72
I'm entering www.dokuga.com and I also tried going through google and clicking the link after doing a search. Both will pull up the 404 Error. My uverse is having outages daily so that could be causing problems maybe. Just found out I'm having the same issue with a local news website so it's definitely an issue on my end. I tried clearing my cache again and reset my computer but still nada. Now I'm wondering if Avast could be having issues again? I have no problem accessing the home page from my phone and my daughter can from her computer so that's got me wondering. I'm gonna tinker around with my antivirus settings and run a test on my internet connection and see if anything helps.

Logged Logged
None
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Cannot load home page? 8 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 57
Another bug, not so much the home page, but some user profile pages don't load at all. I'm not sure if its because the user-account no longer exists, or if it's another issue.

Mine loads, but I've found that Furuichiko, and Kagome Yuki Niwa's profile pages don't load at all.

I don't even get an error message, just a blank screen.

It could be my browser. I'm not sure if the case is isolated, but yeah, it's weird on my end, since I seem to be able to load my own profile and others.

I'm wondering if other users are affected?

~ Pyre

Logged Logged
Mitharus
Admin
graphgraph
Pyreite wrote:
Another bug, not so much the home page, but some user profile pages don't load at all. I'm not sure if its because the user-account no longer exists, or if it's another issue.

Nope, another bug. I'll try checking later to see if it's throwing an error on 'em since they're coming up blank instead of just wrongly formatted.

Thanks,
-M

Logged Logged
Mitharus
Admin
graphgraph
I hate it when this happens...

There's no error when loading their profiles... they just don't work either way I try to look at 'em.

And somehow the profiles got fixed in the middle of all this... Don't know what changed, but they magically work for me now.

Can anyone else verify tabs and stuff work?

It also looks like the preview is working on the forums again too.

*grumble* ... Things shouldn't fix themselves without telling me what was wrong first.

Edit: Yup, and redirect is working again as well. Stupid software.

-M

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2015/07/28 12:12 By mitharus.
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Cannot load home page? 8 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 277
Yeppers, tabs working on profiles for me, but they weren't last night or earlier this morning.

Preview working too.

No offense, but I'm kinda glad it "fixed" itself (with the exception of some profiles, KYN's profile still isn't working for me) without you having to do mondo works. Still, it is a puzzlement, yes?

~~me~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Mitharus
Admin
graphgraph
I added one thing in a file... but it should not have affected the profiles directly, because it was where it built the thumbnail links for the gallery.

I can think of a reason it could ... but it's behavior didn't match that.

So, yeah... Software sucks. Especially when it magically fixes itself.

-M

Logged Logged
mango
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Cannot load home page? 8 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 72
The issue on my end I think was my internet connection. After a week of uverse working sporadically it finally works and all the pages I was having issues loading are fine now. I checked to see if I could view KYN's or Furu's profile pages just now and they are blank for me also. Weird....

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.